It’s reaching that point in the year where warm weekends mean it’s time for barbecues out in the sun. Here’s a topical graphic, featured last year in C&EN, looking at the chemistry behind barbecuing food, and the compounds behind the smoky taste and flavour. Click here to see the full graphic!
- What’s the new 12-sided £1 coin made of?
- Combating Chemoresistance: Blocking DNA Repair to Fight Cancer
- This Week in Chemistry – Countering TB Antibiotic Resistance, and Cleaning Water with Fruit Peels
- World Tuberculosis Day – Statistics, Symptoms, and Treatment
- This Week in Chemistry – Fluorescent Frogs, and How Tardigrades Survive Dehydration
The chemical structures in Compound Interest's graphics are created using PerkinElmer's ChemDraw® Professional v15 desktop software. Includes PerkinElmer copyright material. Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved. ChemDraw® may be purchased online here.