In this month’s Periodic Graphics in Chemical & Engineering News magazine, we’re looking at the compositions of U.S. coins, as well as some of their quirky history. Click through to the C&EN site to view the full graphic. For our UK followers, there’s also an older graphic on UK coin compositions here!
- The 2016 Compound Interest Chemistry Advent Calendar
- The Chemistry of Turmeric – Fluorescence, Indicator, and Health Effects
- This Week in Chemistry – The Aroma of Liquorice, and a Failed Alzheimer’s Drug
- “Why Does Asparagus Make Your Wee Smell?”: Now Available in Paperback, and in French!
- This Week in Chemistry – Sweat-Powered Sock Sensors, and Chemical Traces on Phones
The chemical structures in Compound Interest's graphics are created using PerkinElmer's ChemDraw® Professional v15 desktop software. Includes PerkinElmer copyright material. Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved. ChemDraw® may be purchased online here.