In this month’s Periodic Graphics in Chemical & Engineering News magazine, we’re looking at the compositions of U.S. coins, as well as some of their quirky history. Click through to the C&EN site to view the full graphic. For our UK followers, there’s also an older graphic on UK coin compositions here!
- What’s the new 12-sided £1 coin made of?
- Combating Chemoresistance: Blocking DNA Repair to Fight Cancer
- This Week in Chemistry – Countering TB Antibiotic Resistance, and Cleaning Water with Fruit Peels
- World Tuberculosis Day – Statistics, Symptoms, and Treatment
- This Week in Chemistry – Fluorescent Frogs, and How Tardigrades Survive Dehydration
The chemical structures in Compound Interest's graphics are created using PerkinElmer's ChemDraw® Professional v15 desktop software. Includes PerkinElmer copyright material. Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved. ChemDraw® may be purchased online here.