In this month’s Periodic Graphics in Chemical & Engineering News magazine, we’re looking at the compositions of U.S. coins, as well as some of their quirky history. Click through to the C&EN site to view the full graphic. For our UK followers, there’s also an older graphic on UK coin compositions here!
- How Do Evergreen Trees Stay Green? – In C&EN
- This Week in Chemistry – The Most Tightly-Knotted Structure Ever, and Isotopes Determine the Moon’s Age
- The Chemistry of the Colours of Bodily Fluids
- The Chemistry of Deicers and Antifreeze – in C&EN
- This Week in Chemistry – Searching Roadkill for Drugs, and Plastic from a Christmas Tree Chemical
The chemical structures in Compound Interest's graphics are created using PerkinElmer's ChemDraw® Professional v15 desktop software. Includes PerkinElmer copyright material. Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved. ChemDraw® may be purchased online here.