October 9 is National Nanotechnology Day in the US, as it’s 10/9 in the American date format (and one nanometre is 10–9 metres). This month’s edition of Periodic Graphics in C&EN takes a look at a selection of the nanotechnology that’s already made its way into our everyday lives. Click through to the C&EN site to see the full graphic!
- This Week in Chemistry – Plant Molecule Contraceptives, and How Orchids Attract Wasps
- Making a Red Cabbage pH Indicator: The Method and the Chemistry
- Hepatitis Awareness Month & Hepatitis Treatments – in C&EN
- This Week in Chemistry – Bear Hair Diet Insights, and the Most Efficient Single Molecule Diode
- The Chemistry of Allergies and Antihistamines – in C&EN
The chemical structures in Compound Interest's graphics are created using PerkinElmer's ChemDraw® Professional v15 desktop software. Includes PerkinElmer copyright material. Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved. ChemDraw® may be purchased online here.