October 9 is National Nanotechnology Day in the US, as it’s 10/9 in the American date format (and one nanometre is 10–9 metres). This month’s edition of Periodic Graphics in C&EN takes a look at a selection of the nanotechnology that’s already made its way into our everyday lives. Click through to the C&EN site to see the full graphic!
- The Chemistry of Cold Medicines – in C&EN
- This Week in Chemistry – Refrigerant Global Warming Deal, and Frankincense’s Smell Pinpointed
- The History of the Atom – Theories and Models
- Nanotechnology Day & Everyday Uses of Nanotechnology – In C&EN
- This Week in Chemistry – The Nobel Prize, ‘Nanokebabs’, and Avocado Radiation
The chemical structures in Compound Interest's graphics are created using PerkinElmer's ChemDraw® Professional v15 desktop software. Includes PerkinElmer copyright material. Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved. ChemDraw® may be purchased online here.