Given the current cold spells across Europe, here’s an old but topical graphic I made for C&EN looking at some of the different compounds used as deicers, and the differences between them. Click here to view the full graphic on the C&EN site!
- This Week in Chemistry – VX Implicated in Assassination, and Metallic Hydrogen Sample Lost
- The Composition of Oscar Statuettes
- Chemistry at the Movies – In C&EN
- This Week in Chemistry – Saliva’s Influence on Cheese Flavour, and Improving C-13 NMR Signals
- Protein Fragment Hotspots: Helping the Design of Better Medicines
The chemical structures in Compound Interest's graphics are created using PerkinElmer's ChemDraw® Professional v15 desktop software. Includes PerkinElmer copyright material. Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved. ChemDraw® may be purchased online here.