In this month’s Periodic Graphics in Chemistry & Engineering News magazine, we’re looking at the chemistry dentists use to keep your pearly whites healthy. Click through to see the full graphic, including information on tooth decay, fluoride toothpaste, fillings, and tooth whitening.
- IYPT 2019 Elements 079: Gold: Food additive and arthritis treatment
- IYPT 2019 Elements 078: Platinum: Cancer drugs and catalysts
- IYPT 2019 Elements 077: Iridium: Compasses, spark plugs, and the clue to dinosaur extinction
- IYPT 2019 Elements 076: Osmium: Fountain pens and microscopy
- The 2019 Nobel Prize in Chemistry: The batteries that power our phones and laptops
Please note: none of the graphics on this site are intended for a specific chemistry syllabus, and it should not be assumed that they comprehensively cover any portion of required content for particular qualifications.
The Compound Interest Book
The chemical structures in Compound Interest's graphics are created using PerkinElmer's ChemDraw® Professional v15 desktop software. Includes PerkinElmer copyright material. Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved. ChemDraw® may be purchased online here.