Air pollution is a growing concern in cities around the world, and seeing people on the streets wearing masks to block air pollution is increasingly common. What exactly are these masks intended to block – and more importantly, do they actually work? This month’s graphic in C&EN has the answers.
- IYPT 2019 Elements 029: Copper: The Statue of Liberty and blue blood
- IYPT 2019 Elements 028: Nickel: Toasters and coins
- Today in Chemistry History: Dorothy Hodgkin and X-ray crystallography
- IYPT 2019 Elements 027: Cobalt: Pigments, jet engines, and sterilisation
- The origins of the elements – in C&EN
Please note: none of the graphics on this site are intended for a specific chemistry syllabus, and it should not be assumed that they comprehensively cover any portion of required content for particular qualifications.
The Compound Interest Book
The chemical structures in Compound Interest's graphics are created using PerkinElmer's ChemDraw® Professional v15 desktop software. Includes PerkinElmer copyright material. Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved. ChemDraw® may be purchased online here.