Air pollution is a growing concern in cities around the world, and seeing people on the streets wearing masks to block air pollution is increasingly common. What exactly are these masks intended to block – and more importantly, do they actually work? This month’s graphic in C&EN has the answers.
- IYPT 2019 Elements 013: Aluminium: Drinks cans and aeroplanes
- IYPT 2019 Elements 012: Magnesium: sparklers, chlorophyll, and soothing sore muscles
- IYPT 2019 elements 011: Sodium: salt and streetlights
- IYPT 2019 Elements 010: Neon: The inert element of neon light fame
- International Women’s Day: Twelve more women from chemistry history
Please note: none of the graphics on this site are intended for a specific chemistry syllabus, and it should not be assumed that they comprehensively cover any portion of required content for particular qualifications.
The Compound Interest Book
The chemical structures in Compound Interest's graphics are created using PerkinElmer's ChemDraw® Professional v15 desktop software. Includes PerkinElmer copyright material. Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved. ChemDraw® may be purchased online here.