There are 118 elements in the periodic table – but they’re not all made in the same way. This graphic looks at some of the processes which generate elements in stars, and how the elements they can’t make are made by humans. View the full graphic on the C&EN site.
- IYPT 2019 Elements 030: Zinc: Galvanising, cosmetics and treating colds
- IYPT 2019 Elements 029: Copper: The Statue of Liberty and blue blood
- IYPT 2019 Elements 028: Nickel: Toasters and coins
- Today in Chemistry History: Dorothy Hodgkin and X-ray crystallography
- IYPT 2019 Elements 027: Cobalt: Pigments, jet engines, and sterilisation
Please note: none of the graphics on this site are intended for a specific chemistry syllabus, and it should not be assumed that they comprehensively cover any portion of required content for particular qualifications.
The Compound Interest Book
The chemical structures in Compound Interest's graphics are created using PerkinElmer's ChemDraw® Professional v15 desktop software. Includes PerkinElmer copyright material. Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved. ChemDraw® may be purchased online here.