Enjoyed this post? Support Compound Interest’s graphics on Patreon!
References & Further Reading
- How the spinach, Popeye, and iron decimal point error myth was finally bust – M Sutton
- The effect of organic acids, phytates and polyphenols on the absorption of iron from vegetables – M Gillooly and others
- Iron deficiency – N S Scrimshaw
- Oxalic acid does not influence non-haem iron absorption in humans – S Storcksdieck and others
- Mineral composition of boiled, green leafy vegetables found in Hawaii and iron bioavailability using the in vitro digestion method – A Perfecto
- Iron absorption and phenolic compounds: importance of different phenolic structures – M Brune and others