Happy Valentine’s Day! Here’s a brief look at some of the many chemicals involved in the feeling of love. For more on neurotransmitters in general, there’s also this post. Download link for this graphic below, along with links to some extra reading on the topic!
Enjoyed this post & graphic? Consider supporting Compound Interest on Patreon, and get previews of upcoming posts & more!
References & Further Reading
- This is your brain on love – M Popova, Brain Pickings
- The Science of Love – BBC Science
- The Chemistry of Love – ACS Reactions
- Romantic Love: An fMRI study of a neural mechanism for mate choice – H Fisher & others
- What happens to your brain when you fall in love? – Mental Floss