IUPAC have announced the proposed names for the new elements in the periodic table, whose discoveries were confirmed at the turn of the year. There’s more on the origin of these names from Chemistry World here.
- How Do Evergreen Trees Stay Green? – In C&EN
- This Week in Chemistry – The Most Tightly-Knotted Structure Ever, and Isotopes Determine the Moon’s Age
- The Chemistry of the Colours of Bodily Fluids
- The Chemistry of Deicers and Antifreeze – in C&EN
- This Week in Chemistry – Searching Roadkill for Drugs, and Plastic from a Christmas Tree Chemical
The chemical structures in Compound Interest's graphics are created using PerkinElmer's ChemDraw® Professional v15 desktop software. Includes PerkinElmer copyright material. Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved. ChemDraw® may be purchased online here.