IUPAC have announced the proposed names for the new elements in the periodic table, whose discoveries were confirmed at the turn of the year. There’s more on the origin of these names from Chemistry World here.
- This Week in Chemistry – Official New Element Names, and Evidence Against the Mpemba Effect
- The 2016 Compound Interest Chemistry Advent Calendar
- The Chemistry of Turmeric – Fluorescence, Indicator, and Health Effects
- This Week in Chemistry – The Aroma of Liquorice, and a Failed Alzheimer’s Drug
- “Why Does Asparagus Make Your Wee Smell?”: Now Available in Paperback, and in French!
The chemical structures in Compound Interest's graphics are created using PerkinElmer's ChemDraw® Professional v15 desktop software. Includes PerkinElmer copyright material. Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved. ChemDraw® may be purchased online here.