The run-up to the Rio Olympics has been overshadowed by a number of issues, not least of which is the doping scandal surrounding Russian competitors. This month’s Periodic Graphics in C&EN looks at the alleged chemical cocktail that was used to dope Russian athletes at the 2012 London Games and in the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics. Click through to their site to see the full graphic!
- IYPT 2019 Elements 039: Yttrium: Camera lenses and white LEDs
- IYPT 2019 Elements 038: Strontium: Glow-in-the-dark paint and reducing tooth sensitivity
- IYPT 2019 Elements 037: Rubidium: GPS, solar cells, and locating tumours
- The environmental impact of industrial reactions – in C&EN
- IYPT 2019 Elements 036: Krypton: Lighting, the metre, and nuclear facilities
Please note: none of the graphics on this site are intended for a specific chemistry syllabus, and it should not be assumed that they comprehensively cover any portion of required content for particular qualifications.
The Compound Interest Book
The chemical structures in Compound Interest's graphics are created using PerkinElmer's ChemDraw® Professional v15 desktop software. Includes PerkinElmer copyright material. Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved. ChemDraw® may be purchased online here.