The run-up to the Rio Olympics has been overshadowed by a number of issues, not least of which is the doping scandal surrounding Russian competitors. This month’s Periodic Graphics in C&EN looks at the alleged chemical cocktail that was used to dope Russian athletes at the 2012 London Games and in the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics. Click through to their site to see the full graphic!
- This Week in Chemistry – Plant Molecule Contraceptives, and How Orchids Attract Wasps
- Making a Red Cabbage pH Indicator: The Method and the Chemistry
- Hepatitis Awareness Month & Hepatitis Treatments – in C&EN
- This Week in Chemistry – Bear Hair Diet Insights, and the Most Efficient Single Molecule Diode
- The Chemistry of Allergies and Antihistamines – in C&EN
The chemical structures in Compound Interest's graphics are created using PerkinElmer's ChemDraw® Professional v15 desktop software. Includes PerkinElmer copyright material. Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved. ChemDraw® may be purchased online here.