The run-up to the Rio Olympics has been overshadowed by a number of issues, not least of which is the doping scandal surrounding Russian competitors. This month’s Periodic Graphics in C&EN looks at the alleged chemical cocktail that was used to dope Russian athletes at the 2012 London Games and in the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics. Click through to their site to see the full graphic!
- How Do Evergreen Trees Stay Green? – In C&EN
- This Week in Chemistry – The Most Tightly-Knotted Structure Ever, and Isotopes Determine the Moon’s Age
- The Chemistry of the Colours of Bodily Fluids
- The Chemistry of Deicers and Antifreeze – in C&EN
- This Week in Chemistry – Searching Roadkill for Drugs, and Plastic from a Christmas Tree Chemical
The chemical structures in Compound Interest's graphics are created using PerkinElmer's ChemDraw® Professional v15 desktop software. Includes PerkinElmer copyright material. Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved. ChemDraw® may be purchased online here.