The run-up to the Rio Olympics has been overshadowed by a number of issues, not least of which is the doping scandal surrounding Russian competitors. This month’s Periodic Graphics in C&EN looks at the alleged chemical cocktail that was used to dope Russian athletes at the 2012 London Games and in the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics. Click through to their site to see the full graphic!
- What’s the new 12-sided £1 coin made of?
- Combating Chemoresistance: Blocking DNA Repair to Fight Cancer
- This Week in Chemistry – Countering TB Antibiotic Resistance, and Cleaning Water with Fruit Peels
- World Tuberculosis Day – Statistics, Symptoms, and Treatment
- This Week in Chemistry – Fluorescent Frogs, and How Tardigrades Survive Dehydration
The chemical structures in Compound Interest's graphics are created using PerkinElmer's ChemDraw® Professional v15 desktop software. Includes PerkinElmer copyright material. Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved. ChemDraw® may be purchased online here.