The run-up to the Rio Olympics has been overshadowed by a number of issues, not least of which is the doping scandal surrounding Russian competitors. This month’s Periodic Graphics in C&EN looks at the alleged chemical cocktail that was used to dope Russian athletes at the 2012 London Games and in the 2014 Sochi Winter Olympics. Click through to their site to see the full graphic!
- This Week in Chemistry – Official New Element Names, and Evidence Against the Mpemba Effect
- The 2016 Compound Interest Chemistry Advent Calendar
- The Chemistry of Turmeric – Fluorescence, Indicator, and Health Effects
- This Week in Chemistry – The Aroma of Liquorice, and a Failed Alzheimer’s Drug
- “Why Does Asparagus Make Your Wee Smell?”: Now Available in Paperback, and in French!
The chemical structures in Compound Interest's graphics are created using PerkinElmer's ChemDraw® Professional v15 desktop software. Includes PerkinElmer copyright material. Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved. ChemDraw® may be purchased online here.