In this month’s Periodic Graphics in C&EN, we’re looking at the chemistry behind the recent news stories of lithium-ion batteries in some devices catching fire. You can see the full graphic over on the C&EN site. Also, for more lithium battery chemistry, head over to the recent RealTimeChem Week graphic which looked at some ways in which scientists are trying to improve them!
- This Week in Chemistry – 3D printing glass, and how mole rats avoid suffocation
- Celebrating Sant Jordi (Saint George’s Day) Chemistry with ICIQ
- The March for Science – Ten things that chemistry has done for us
- This Week in Chemistry – Dissolvable Silk Batteries, and Hydrothermal Vents on Enceladus
- The Chemistry of Dyeing Easter Eggs – in C&EN
The chemical structures in Compound Interest's graphics are created using PerkinElmer's ChemDraw® Professional v15 desktop software. Includes PerkinElmer copyright material. Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved. ChemDraw® may be purchased online here.