Christmas is meant to be a relaxing time spent with family, but gift-shopping and family dinners can sometimes pile on the stress over the holiday period. For others, anxiety is a year-round battle. In this month’s edition of Periodic Graphics in C&EN, we take a basic look at the chemical causes of stress, and the medications we currently turn to to help treat it. Click through to the C&EN site to see the full graphic!
- This Week in Chemistry – VX Implicated in Assassination, and Metallic Hydrogen Sample Lost
- The Composition of Oscar Statuettes
- Chemistry at the Movies – In C&EN
- This Week in Chemistry – Saliva’s Influence on Cheese Flavour, and Improving C-13 NMR Signals
- Protein Fragment Hotspots: Helping the Design of Better Medicines
The chemical structures in Compound Interest's graphics are created using PerkinElmer's ChemDraw® Professional v15 desktop software. Includes PerkinElmer copyright material. Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved. ChemDraw® may be purchased online here.