It’s reaching that point in the year where warm weekends mean it’s time for barbecues out in the sun. Here’s a topical graphic, featured last year in C&EN, looking at the chemistry behind barbecuing food, and the compounds behind the smoky taste and flavour. Click here to see the full graphic!
- IYPT 2019 Elements 062: Samarium: Guitar pickups and rock dating
- IYPT 2019 Elements 061: Promethium: Scarcity and atomic batteries
- IYPT 2019 Elements 060: Neodymium: Headphones, speakers, and tanning booths
- IYPT 2019 Elements 059: Praseodymium: Aircraft engines and fibre optics
- IYPT 2019 Elements 058: Cerium: Lighters, ovens and diesel
Please note: none of the graphics on this site are intended for a specific chemistry syllabus, and it should not be assumed that they comprehensively cover any portion of required content for particular qualifications.
The Compound Interest Book
The chemical structures in Compound Interest's graphics are created using PerkinElmer's ChemDraw® Professional v15 desktop software. Includes PerkinElmer copyright material. Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved. ChemDraw® may be purchased online here.