In the Northern hemisphere, it’s getting to the time of year where you may well be dragging your winter coat out of the wardrobe and taking it to the dry cleaners. Here, we explain how the dry-cleaning process works and the chemicals involved. Click through to the C&EN site to view the full graphic.
- #RealTimeChem Week 2018 – #Chem4Life
- How do pregnancy tests work?
- #ChemMonthly October 2018: Chemistry-based film ratings, nanoparticles vs snake venom, and the first double aromatic molecule
- Why can leaves cause train delays? The chemistry of leaves on the line
- The chemistry of Venus flytraps – in C&EN
Please note: none of the graphics on this site are intended for a specific chemistry syllabus, and it should not be assumed that they comprehensively cover any portion of required content for particular qualifications.
The Compound Interest Book
The chemical structures in Compound Interest's graphics are created using PerkinElmer's ChemDraw® Professional v15 desktop software. Includes PerkinElmer copyright material. Reprinted with permission. All rights reserved. ChemDraw® may be purchased online here.